Monday, November 9, 2009

Hudson Sentinel


United Society of Pastel Artists are exhibiting our pastels at The Cottage Gallery in Laguna Beach from Nov 4-Dec. 13. During artwalk last week, I did a demonstration at the gallery. I'd never done that before and it was fun and interesting to hear people's take on pastel painting. "Chalk" is mentioned over and over again. I worked from a photo I took in North Creek, New York during September. Had to finish it at home since it's 16x20 on a black board and I did way too much talking and not enough painting during the artwalk!

2 comments:

José Carrilho (Go Detail) said...

Hi Joann,

I wish I had a landscape/waterscape like the Hudson here in Lisbon.
I guess that NY is celebrating the 400th anniversary of Hudson's trip and to celebrate that, there's a special exhibit of the Dutch Golden Age at the Met.
If you have the chance, go see it.
It ends this month.

Kind regards,

José

Joann said...

Jose,

Sorry for the delay in answering your post of 11/14. The Hudson is so beautiful and I love painting it - I assume Lisbon is in New York? We're heading back to the Adirondacks in January and hopefully, I'll get to paint some icy Hudson scenes!

Joann