Monday, September 6, 2010

On the Moose River

12x16 - Sold
Yesterday was a crazy and joyful day. I was invited to join artists at the Old Forge Plein Air Paint Out. Old Forge is an hour from my house, so we were up early and there by 9:30 a.m. It looked like rain and who knew if I'd be able to paint. Not only that, but it was 54 degrees out and windy. There were lots of artists braving the cold and in the course of the day I did two paintings. I wish I'd had more time. It was nice because they had two tents set up in town. One tent was for the auction of the work done over the course of the weekend. All paintings done over the three days of the paint out were auctioned off to benefit the new arts center going up in Old Forge. The other tent was for paintings the artists wanted to sell, a portion going to the arts center. I brought three paintings and sold two! And, I'd say, my two small pastels done that day made a respectable amount of money for the arts center. A very nice day!

Unfortunately, I was so cold that I didn't take pictures before the paintings were up and behind glass, so forgive the photo.....

No comments: