Monday, August 15, 2011

Rock Island Dusk

 8x10 - Pastel


Rock Island on Blue Mountain Lake is a wild and lovely little island in the middle of a large, deep, cold lake.  I've painted this island more times than I can count, but I still keep going back for photos and plein air.  This is from a photo I took a few years ago when we were canoeing the lake at dusk.  Thank goodness I had my camera with me at the time, otherwise I would have missed this gorgeous pink sunset on those thirty foot rocks.  I think I've mentioned that my grandson goaded me into jumping off that rock at one time and it was hair-raising!

This painting is going to the Adirondack Center for the Arts for sale.  They've asked me for a number of pastels to sell this summer and I'm happily obliging!  I'm thrilled that they're selling these small pastels.

No comments: