Friday, April 20, 2012

The Dock at the Lake

 11x14 - pastel on Richeson Board


Last weekend I was at the quilting weekend at the Minnebrook Conference Center on Blue Mountain Lake, in the Adirondacks of New York.  I spent most of Saturday trying to finish a quilt I started in January for my 21 year old grandson.  It's all large colorful blocks - the design is called "Tokyo" and it does remind one of Japan.  In the afternoon, it got to almost 70 degrees and I had to go and paint.  The loons were back and  calling each other, I was sitting on a covered dock overlooking the water and this dock was across the lake.   These moments are why I love it here so much.

2 comments:

wrq1212 said...

Someone's small red-roofed dream on the lake that is truly what everyone envisions when they think of the quintessential northern mountain lake. Yes, a dream from a dream of an aritiste'

Dewberry Fine Art said...

Sounds like a scene from "On Golden Pond". Love the red in this painting. It is place to grab the viewer. Have fun enjoying the scenes.