Sunday, August 11, 2013

Boat House in Old Forge, NY

I'm painting now for a Paint Out at the end of the month at View, in Old Forge, NY.  I enjoy the plein air weekend, and usually have two or three pastels for them to auction off on the last Sunday of the weekend.  It's a fun time, where I meet with other artists and enjoy three full days of painting outdoors - something I don't usually have a lot of time for.  Ok, I said I was now painting for this weekend......we can sell two paintings while there and I usually do two of the surrounding area and bring them with me.  I've been lucky to have all my work sold for the last three years, so, hopefully, this will also sell. 

As you drive into Old Forge from the north, you pass this beautiful boathouse, with an Asian touch.  Last year I painted it plein air, but this time I decided to take photos and do it at home.  It's small, 8x10.   Before I know it, the weekend for this event will be upon me and I need to start another painting asap!
Pastel - 8x10

No comments: