Sunday, June 6, 2010

Adirondack Flow

9x12 - $250.00 +s&h
Giclees available - $55.00






I was asked to do a demo for the pastel society in Lake Forest last month and decided to use mineral spirits as an underpainting with the pastel. I hadn't used this method for awhile so set one up the day before and started it - just in case, and also because I wasn't sure how fast the mineral spirits would dry. The session went well, I think and I even finished rather earlier than expected. I like the finished painting. Someone at the session said they liked the cool colors I used. When I think about it, I realize I don't think about it.....it's more intuitive for me. Sometimes I wish I was more planned when I paint. I wonder what's better - planning or just doing. When I look at Sally Strand's paintings, I see planning, beautiful planning......oh boy...Anyway, this pastel is 11x14.

No comments: