Thursday, October 13, 2011

At the Butterfly Garden

 14x11 - $225.00








Since getting to New York, I haven't had too much opportunity to paint for myself.  I was painting for the Old Forge Paint-Out, then for the Moose Festival in our town and now I'm actually working on a baby quilt for my soon-to-be new grandbaby. You could say, I've been busy......Anyway, this week I got the pastels out once again and did this of the butterfly garden at my mom's place - in Mission Viejo.  Some of the residents there took it upon themselves to create a beautiful oasis near their community center at Casta del Sol.   We visited it a few times this summer, each time I took photos and this painting is from one of my photos.  I'm not sure if I'm going to paint someone sitting on that chair, or not.  Have to give it some thought, but, for now, I like it the way it is.  I just wish I knew the names of all the flowers surrounding that walk!

No comments: