Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Morning Glow


 16x20 - pastel (sold)

I put this painting on my facebook page but never included it in my blog.  I'm starting to get interested in painting Adirondack inspired still life. I have another on my easel right now, but haven't finished it.    I loved this pewter pitcher sitting near a window, filled with light, at Washington's Headquarters in Morristown, NJ.  I went to my high school reunion last year and visited some nostalgic tourist spots.  Washington's Headquarters was one of my favorite places to visit. It's just as I remembered it.  It reminded me of the Adirondacks - light-filled, historic and beautiful.

I'm not a painter who gets too inspired by detail, I'm too impatient to spend lots of time painting things to look exactly as a photograph.  Why bother?  This pastel is as close as I can get to detail!

No comments: