Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Afternoon on the Moose River Plains

I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year.  I hope it will turn out to be a happy and productive one for each and every one of you.   I'm hoping to spend more time painting this year, after a very busy Christmas season working part time at the ski slopes.  I'm also preparing for a solo pastel exhibit at the Widlund Gallery in North Creek, NY from January 26 to February 24.  I'll have approximately 40 paintings on display and will have a reception on February 16th.

 11x14 pastel - $150.00









I painted this a few days ago, from a photo I took late August from my kyack.  I've talked a lot about the Moose River Plains and the Cedar River Flow, of which this is the main body of water.  It's a wonderful place to canoe, picnic or camp.  The area is very large and very wild and, although it's a 20 mile drive to get there, once out in a canoe, you feel as if you are alone with nature.

No comments: