Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Plein Air pastels done during IAPS/workshop with Christine Debrosky

IAPS was such a great experience.  This is the third time at this pastel conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I'm looking forward to going two years from now.  It's made me want to work harder at my painting, and really dedicate myself to doing more shows and growing as an artist.  The first day there I attended a plein air workshop with Christine Debrosky, who specializes in landscape and florals.  I felt this would be a good experience for me, as I don't often paint flowers outdoors.  We had gorgeous weather, warm but not too warm, sunny and the flowers in the hotel courtyard made it a very special place to set up and paint.  Christine did the start of a very nice demo - an archway with a vine of flowers growing up it.  I decided to concentrate on one corner of the courtyard, doing two paintings of the same scene, from different angles.  I hadn't painted since we'd been traveling and I was hesitant at first, but once those pastels were in my hands, I seem to get into a zone and, good or bad, I feel at home with them.
9x12 - $150.00- Albuquerque Flowers 1

9x12 - $150.00-Albuquerque Flowers 2





No comments: